Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hello? HELLO? goodbye

Willpower has never been a strong point in my list of attributes. Now don't get me wrong, I'm one of the most stubborn people you will ever meet... when it comes to certain thing.

But for some reason, God gave us free choice. All I know is that I hardly ever make the right once. Then again, would it be better to make the wrong choice than to not have a choice at all? At least your on a distinct side then.

Now there is a big difference between making the right choice and actually following through with it. I, for one, find it hard to do either. Which makes it extremely hard to do the second if I can barely do the first.

There are very few things in my life that I struggle with... two of the biggest are somewhat related to what I am doing at this very moment. My computer has been my biggest support and my biggest downfall over the last couple years. Well not so much my computer, as the ability to use the World Wide Web.

As many of you might know, I have played WoW (world of warcraft) off and on for the past 2 years since its release. I rather enjoyed it. Considering the amount of time I have put into it some might say it had become a "problem". But the good news is, as of about a month ago, Matt (high school friend) quit playing. Good news? you might ask. Yes. Good news! This happening of events has instilled in me the determination to stop playing as well.

As good as that may sound... other things have popped up in its place to keep my attention (ie: Warcraft 3) And as fun as it is, I am now about to quit that as well.

A huge portion of my life has revolved around my computer and its intriguing collections of 1's and 0's. Now is the time that I hope my willpower does not fail.

As of tonight, I am terminating my connection to the outside world through the use of the internet. For those of you far away, perhaps we can keep in contact through this new invention called the Telli-fone machine. For those closer, give me a call... I would love to grab a coffee with you.

I bid you farewell, and would really appreciate your prayers in this.

Karl

PS - anyone know of any good places in Moose Jaw to build tree forts?

1 comment:

* shaina * * said...

at the comic book store with the nerrrrds!!! ps. you better not be reading this. in fact, i am willing you to resist the lure of the internet at this VERY MOMENt. you can do it, i know it karl. be freeeee :)