Saturday, December 09, 2006

Choice

This demon grows withing me.
Ever stronger it becomes.
Ever harder to resist its subtle whispers.
More and more persistent in its utterances.

It follows me to the ends of the earth.
It haunts my dreams.
Attacks at my weakest moments.
Lays bare the real me.

I despise this thing.
I love it more than anything.
I hate it with the heat of a thousand suns.
Yet i hold it close so that i might be burnt.

I wish nothing more than to be free.
Yet i love my captor.
Begging for more.
I cry at what i receive.

There is one exit.
The place i yearn for in the deepest recesses of my being.
I fear the freedom.
I recognize myself in a cracked mirror.

The road is spread out before me.
Both directions end in DEATH.
I know the way i should die.
I must die.

Death is the only life.
Choose my death?

I have made my choice.

Jesus

I have been born again.

1 comment:

Jumo said...

True dat.

We are more alike than we know.

Keep writing.

-Jumo