Saturday, October 21, 2006

Strength to be weak: Part 2

Ok, now my last post ended off rather depressing like. And I must add that that is not where I am right now. That is where i was at the start of this summer. How did this all change you might ask?

Prayer

Plain and simple prayer.
I asked and I recieved.
I knocked and He answered.

It is rather wierd how God answered these prayers too. It started during the second (Jr. Teen) week of camp.For those who were their this summer, you know what was happening. For those who weren't there, it consisted of many many hyper children, a case of a run away child and a strangling.

Now i was the maintenance guy, so I had no real authority or responsibilty when it came to most of the kids. But for some reason it was still a very draining week for myself and even more so for the rest of the Leadership staff.

Now one of my jobs as maintenance was to clean the dining hall every night. And for some reason, God chose this specific wednesday night to crush me. I was all of a sudden so overwhelmed that i had to leave. It didn't matter where, i just had to be alone for a bit. So i soon found myself behind the dining hall, midnight, moon and stars shining... and i cried.

And it was good.

For the first time in i don't know how many years... i cried.

I was exausted from work, worn out from kids and beaten down by God.

And it was good.

I use to shut out my feelings, pretend that nothing was wrong. But God took that all away. I was just happy to be free from not caring and poured myself out to God about being sick of kids that had only been around for 4 days.

It was amazing.

Now i can't say that all things are peachy, but they are better... a lot better. All i can say is "careful what you pray for" cause God will most likely sneak in the back door, and when you least expect it.... hit you in the face with a bag full of Care.

Praise God

4 comments:

* shaina * * said...

i've never imagined God as a Carebear before. thank you, karl, for that ;)

but for real. thanks. you're a lovely man.

Jumo said...

Man, what a blessed place to be in. To be in total abandon.. in His arms...

I need to be there again... maybe tonight...

Bless you bro,

-Jumo

Erica R said...

Hey - Welcome to the world of blogging!

Thanks for being real - I mean thats how we are supposed to grow, by sharing what God is doing to our souls.

Anyway - I do hear Tim's is nice this time of year....

Life of Turner said...

That was one of the craziest nights I have ever had at camp...and I have had some pretty crazy experiences in my years. I am still so humbled by everything that went down that Wednesday night, and that God allowed me to play a part in it. That night alone made the whole summer worth it. Thanks for sharing.

Derek out.